Saturday 23 February 2013

if you ask me what I like.


On Monday, I am a bear. Like every other person, I grumble as I crawl out of bed and try to make myself presentable. As a way of combating the Monday ickiness I feel, I make it my mission to be extra productive. I often plan my entire next week of school on Mondays. At the end of the day, I leave feeling thoroughly exhausted but satisfied that I did something to make this day worthwhile. 

During the week, I'm immersed in work. Complacent because I know there are several days left in which I have to share my time with work. While I love my job, I also love having time to do things like sleep, drink more than a cup of coffee, and spend my time how I choose.

By the time Friday rolls around, I'm actually giddy. Giddy with anticipation of 2 whole days that I get to fill with anything I damn well please! Two full days in which I get to sleep in, drink litres of coffee (yea health!), watch bad tv early in the morning, and eat candy for breakfast. Long live Hot Tamales.

So, in celebration of weekend awesomeness here are some cool things that I like at random. 



Ok. So. This shirt is amazing. I mean, let me count the reasons! Mint. Peter Pan collar allusion. SPACE. I think that the internet should gift it to me as a reward. For stuff. 

I ordered these jeans from urban last week. Every day I look in/beside the mailbox with hope - come soon pants. Your awesome high waist and retro-feel seams do things to me.

Tell me you've read this story. The accompanying gif is... allllll kinds of awesome. I cackled to myself on the bus when I saw it. For like, 20 minutes. Then, I sent it to Derek. What a party.


I recently purchased a cat shirt from a local boutique. I love it. It has reignited my love for all things feline. Like the shirt above. I need this in order to properly welcome spring/summer - cat style!

Every now and then I like to read through the archives of some of my favourite blogs. I'm recently reading through this amazing blog, and it's giving me even more reasons to admire this stellar lady.

And hey, you know what doesn't get much play? The chickpea. While reading the aforementioned blog, this post made me want to grab all of my cloth shopping bags and go and fill them with cans of chickpeas. So I can make all of these recipes. Especially the roasted chickpeas. Yum.


Sigh. Leah Goren strikes again. When I look at this shirt, my brain is all, "It's a crop top. A crop top! It will expose your midriff. You don't need to do that." But then I throw reason and logic to the curb and fawn all over the colour scheme. Also, with high waisted jeans? Come now.

I did a math problem featuring Peeps this week. (Sometimes I type these things and it's like... wow.) Multiplication allows for good times, folks. The best part of this moment was explaining to 25 children what Peeps are. And then realizing... they really aren't good for you. (But, they ARE good for your soul. You heard it here first.)

(You are doing yourself a dis-service by failing to click on that Peeps website link. That site is my 8 year old self's daydream.)


Man. I heart this dress. It cements the truth of the fact that I am indeed in love with all things 90's. Babydoll length, slouchy neckline... s'all good. 

Lately, I've been in a painting rut. The idea of putting brush to canvas makes me feel... disinterested. On the flip side, I know I need to do something creative. Excess creative energy with no outlet makes me... crazylike. So in a rut I remain. This lady is so talented. And I'm inspired by her.

Also: Anya from Buffy? Super. I keep forgetting how amazing that character is. But I think she is officially my favourite character. Aside from Willow. Why must I choose. This tumbler is awesome.

Ok! Wow. I have lots of disjointed things to say, huh?

In closing, let me link to this fantastic song that my beloved shared with me the other day.
Lovelove. This band.

Happy weekend!

<3 S



No comments:

Post a Comment