Saturday 9 March 2013

lately.

Sometimes it feels like the winter months pass by with little to speak of that is of interest. I was totally feeling this way, and actually feeling a little sad-sap-sorry for myself (I know, how terrible), but upon looking through my iPhone photos, I realized my winter was actually kinda ballin.

Here are a few highlights from the past while.

Derek's band played fashion week in Ottawa!
It was super fun to see them do their thing. 
The background made for rad photos! Yea!

Fashion Week: I kind of didn't get it.

What I did get was SUPER excited to jump around
like a lunatic in the parking garage cause... look at 
all that SPACE! 

I love how the smallest, most boring little details are 
made romantic by a fresh covering of snow.

Snowy walks home after friendly get togethers.
They look super badass here for sure.

I drool over museums. At night. So eerie/pretty.

Lion in a hat of snow.

Queen of the blurry pics.

Lights are still up. At least it's pretty at night.

Sculpture made into monster in the evening light.
And then it snowed. A lot. 20 plus centimetres! 
Very pretty but very slow going if you tried to go...
anywhere.

Frosty everything. 
This park is usually teeming with people,
but this day it was cold and lonely.
And pretty! Just for me. :)

Teacher workshop! We were learning about fractions.
I think this picture makes me look very scholarly.
That's because it doesn't show all my cartooning.
Also, it's super fun to play with manipulatives.
I'm totally a grown up.

Also, workshops with free coffee are groovy.
I had a lot of coffee. I also talked a lot. Yea coffee!
AND I got to use the washroom any time I wanted. 
CRAZY!
(Teachers appreciate this freedom.)

I call it chat à côté de la fenêtre

Meetups with a lovely pal were great. In the window
of the coffee shop, we spotted Grover. He played
his guitar for us in a fancy outfit. Then he ran away.

I love getting serenaded by my love. 
Look at those beautiful feet!

Can't wait for more lovely adventures as spring encroaches. 
Mmmm spring.
Did I mention I'm on March Break?!
!!

<3 S

No comments:

Post a Comment